Hotel Management Colleges In Kolkata – GROWTH and DEVELOPMENT
The boom in the #TourismIndustry has resulted in the immense growth of hotel industry and Hotel Management Colleges in Kolkata as well as in India. The hotel industry and Hotel Management Colleges promises a bright future for anyone who wishes to take up a career in this segment. The students opting for hotel management colleges in Kolkata for any career courses must have an affinity towards socializing and understanding the needs of the people.
As hotels fall under the service industry, the motive of hotel management colleges in kolkata is to prepare the students to face the challenges of this competitive world. As far as tourism industry in India is concerned, it is attracting #tourists from across the world and this definitely calls for quality hospitality.
Hotel management is one of the most interesting career options in the contemporary job market. Career training from a recognized and reputed hotel management colleges in kolkata is just an icing on the cake. Hotel management courses make one aware of the operating-sections of the hotel industry like front office, general operations, sales and marketing, food and beverage, service keeping and catering.
Hotel Management Colleges In Kolkata – Course Scope
Hotel management job opportunities exists both in the private and public sector. One can look for various openings available in the hotels of the nation through hotel management colleges in kolkata. Most of the hotels in India offer lucrative pay packages to the suitable candidates. The jobs offered are satisfying as well as highly rewarding.
A GOVERNMENT MARKET PULSE REPORT ,Department of Tourism ,Government of India
- There are an estimated 1.2 million hotel rooms in the country.
- Our forecast is that there will be a total of 2.9 million and 6.6 million hotel rooms in 2010 and 2020 respectively.
- Almost 80% of the employees in key hotel functions such as F&B, front office and housekeeping are young; they are less than 40 years old and passed out from renowned hotel management colleges In kolkata.
- Most employees in the management/supervisory cadres in the front office, F&B service, kitchen and housekeeping function of the larger four & five star hotels have a formal hotel management qualification from various hotel management colleges in kolkata.
- Almost half the managers and supervisors of the one to three star hotels have either a hotel management degree/diploma or a Food Crafts Institute Certificate.
HOTELS IN INDIA: Employment Pattern and Forecast.
|Employment Intensity (Employees per 100 rooms)||Total Employment 2002||Total Employment 2010||Total Employment 2020|
|5/4 star Hotels||174||57,000||83,000||1,10,400|
|1-3 star Hotels||122||52,500||63,000||83,000|
|***In addition, there are more than one lakh employees working in motels on state and national highways. -Source: India Today, February 2011 Issue.|