How to Serve Food in Restaurant
Always ensure that all guests are serve d with the highest quality of service possible, using the correct tools and methods.
Procedures to Serve Food
– All associates that serve food to guests must ensure that the item picked-up is the correct one.
– Items served will be at the correct temperature, with its proper presentation, and any other necessary equipment/condiments.
– Condiments are served before the course.
– Food and beverage must be transported on a tray (for room service, Thai items/or where appropriate) or if pre-plated by hand only.
– Pre-plated items are served with a service napkin for every food item which is served hot (main courses, grill items etc) from the kitchen; any other items (or items with an underliner/under plate like for hot soups) are served without a service napkin (salads, desserts etc).
– Food items which are served hot are always served with a hot plate. The following list indicates the basic procedure of how to serve food and beverage:
– Double check each item with the order.
– Take all the necessary or extra material that goes with each item (underliners, spoon etc).
– Some hotel/ Restaurants may use “dome gloche / cover” to cover hot plates which have to spotless and properly maintained at all times.
– (Load the tray) and approach the correct table. Before leaving, you must have already prepared any other necessary arrangements at the guests table, or the service station.
– Check the order to ensure that each item matches with whatever the guest has ordered. A seating plan is recommended for groups exceeding 6 pax, indicating each item guests have ordered.
– Inform the guest if the plate is hot.
– Don’t put your fingers inside the plates or glasses.
– Don’t cough or sneezes near the plates, turn your back and use your arm to cover your mouth.
– Don’t cross your arm across the table, to reach other guests.
– Serve all items at the same time.
– Serve each item to the right person, clockwise starting with the women first.