Scanty Baggage Guest
The term Scanty Baggage refers to a guest with hand baggage. Such guests are a threat as they may check-out of the hotel without paying their bill. Most hotels have a policy of taking an advance as a safeguard against skipping out of the hotel. The bell desk maintains a strict control of such guests with definite policies to guide them. The procedure is:
- The bell boy informs the Bell Captain and front desk agent of a guest with scanty baggage.
- The Bell Captain stamps ‘Scanty Baggage’ on the Guest Arrival Errand Card and informs the lobby manager. The front desk agent is alerted with the stamp when he/she receives it.
- The front desk agent stamps ‘Scanty Baggage’ on the Registration Card.
- The front desk agent informs the lobby manager who has the following options for the guest:
- To ask for the entire room charges in advance
- To ask for a deposit that covers at least one night charge
- To lower the house credit limit for bills in which the guest has to clear the bills periodically as he touches the limit.
This is normally done when guests check-in to the hotel for the first time. Regular guests known to the management may be excused from such policies. The Lobby Manager signs the registration card with his/her instructions.
- The Bell Captain fills the Scanty Baggage Register and gets it signed by the Lobby manager.
- Housekeeping and Security Departments are informed of the guest room number to keep a watch.
|Date||Time||Guest Name||Room Number||Name of Bell Boy||Description of Luggage||Remarks||Lobby Manager Signature||Bell Captain Signature|
SCANTY BAGGAGE REGISTER
Learn more about Hotel Front Office Operation ..here